Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it!
Guidelines and Best Practices
In order to ensure the principles of
sportsmanship, fair play, and mutual respect amongst players, coaches,
officials, and spectators, the following rules have been established governing
participation in any Greensboro Eagles Elite Sports Program.
- Be an active participant by supporting our youth programs. This includes volunteering in Community Service events, attending games and providing positive encouragement to all athletes as well as helping to maintain an atmosphere of fair play, teamwork, good sportsmanship, community support and love for sports.
- Ensure the success of your child by committing to the Greensboro Eagles Elite Education First Initiative and Scholastics requirements. Our goal is to provide the necessary support to help our athletes excel academically.
- Be a positive role model for our athletes and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability at every game, practice or tournament.
- Recognize and accept the level of commitment required to participate in Greensboro Eagles Elite Sports Programs.
- Support our goal to provide a safe and healthy environment for our athletes.
- Parents must stay in the areas designated during all practice sessions. Parents (except parent/coaches and parent advocates)( are never allowed on the field during practice unless authorized by a Program Director
- Parents are not allowed on the sidelines or playing field at any game. All spectators must remain in the stands. Only players, coaches, and appointed league officials may be on the sidelines during games, unless authorized by the Program Director.
- In our effort to team our athletes the importance of hard work, commitment and accountability, athletes must arrive to practice on time and attend every practice/game. Failure to do so without prior communication with the coaching staff will result in corrective action. (Limited or No playing time leading to dismissal for repeated offenses)
- Make all efforts to provide a 24-hour notice if an athlete is unable to attend a game so the Coaching staff may have time to plan an alternate strategy.
All athletes should arrive properly
nourished prior to their game/meet. Keep the following Best Practices in mind:
Fluid guidelines: Stay hydrated before, during and after practices/games/meets (Try to avoid energy drinks, tea and other beverages containing caffeine, as it is dehydrating). We highly recommend as an electrolyte replenishment aid. These products helps the body to better absorb fluids after strenuous activity.
Emergency Procedures and Medical Care
In the event of a major injury or accident that warrants emergency medical services, we will immediately contact them for support to expeditiously address the needs of the impacted athlete. Should the incident require emergency transport, the athlete will be taken to the hospital, at the discretion of the medical personnel and the parent. Please ensure your emergency contact forms are submitted and added to the athlete’s file. All minor injuries that occur during practices or games will be properly documented and discussed with the Parent/Guardian.
Rain – Practice will be held in light to moderate showers. Athletes must wear molded cleats. Metal Cleats are not permitted. If you are uncertain of practice or game status due to adverse weather conditions, please contact your coaches or team advocate for further instructions.
Thunder and Lightning – All activities will be canceled in the event of thunder or lightening. These conditions are dangerous and will do not permit our athletes or coaches to conduct any practice/game during this type of weather.
Safety and Security
It is not uncommon for police officers to attend Greensboro Eagles events. This provides additional security and safety to ensure our athletes, coaches, officials and spectators are protected.
Code of Conduct
It is the obligation of all officials,
coaches, parents, and players to create an environment that promotes fair play,
good sportsmanship and teamwork. Those
who willfully violate those principles jeopardize their membership and
participation with the Eagles Sports Management Group.
It is a privilege, not a right to be a member of the Greensboro Eagles; therefore, athletes, coaches, and parents are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that positively represents the Greensboro Eagles and will not bring discredit upon the organization. The Greensboro Eagles has the responsibility of reinforcing expectations and leading by example through our words and actions. Parents have the responsibility of reviewing the participation guidelines and rules with their children and supporting our volunteer coaching staff. Athletes have the responsibility of learning what the rules mean, adhering to those rules and being a good community citizen by following the rules and regulations set forth by the Greensboro Eagles.
Our goal is to create a safe and fun environment for the athletes/parents/coaches in our organization. It is imperative that you adhere to the following core rules:
- Follow directions provided by the coaching staff at all times.
- No smoking is permitted at the practice facility or game field
- Respect the sport and play the game fairly
- Athletes should respect fellow teammates and officials of the organization. An athlete found cursing or swearing may be suspended or expelled at the discretion of the Program Director
- Athletes should work for the good of the team and give 100% best effort at all times
- Show respect for the authority of the officials and not speak directly to him/her for any purpose then respectfully requesting instruction or information
- Never address remarks at opposing coaches, players, referees and spectators (except for genuine friendship, respect or in response to a question by a referee)
- Never intentionally attempt to cause injury
- Athletes should not decline to play an assigned position or do so with only half effort
- Not display conduct unbecoming of a member of the Greensboro Eagles, especially while in uniform
- Always control your temper or not retaliate, even if you disagree with a decision. Display of temper will not be tolerated on the field or in the playing area
- Show good sportsmanship before, during and after games/meets and practices, conduct yourself with honor and dignity and treat other players as you would like to be treated. Understand that players on the other team are your opponents, not your enemies
- Convey a consistently positive attitude toward teammates and coaches. True strength of character is displayed on the field
- Be modest and generous when you win and gracious when you lose. Accept defect with dignity. Good losers earn more respect than bad winners
- Come prepared to work and give our coaches your complete attention. Their only purpose is to make you a better player and your team a better team
- Help others understand the Laws of the Game so they can watch and enjoy the game better
- Take an active role in education about, the prevention and treatment of drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse in your life
- Report all injuries to the coaching staff. It is important to remember that if an athletes has a Doctor’s excuse for not participating in practice, you will also need a Doctor’s release to return to practice
- Adhere to Greensboro Eagles Scholastic requirements without exception
- Understand that vandalism of any Greensboro Eagles property will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including being removed from the Greensboro Eagles Youth Sports organization.
- If you are suspended from school, athletes will not be allowed to practice or play games on those days. The days missed due to suspension will be counted as unexcused absences
Corrective Action Plan
The guidelines shown below are designed to protect the experience for all athletes in our programs. The following rules will be followed without exception.
- 1st Offense – Athlete will be warned and reminded of their expectations as a member of the Greensboro Eagles. Athlete will be removed from the game for one (1) quarter or ½ of practice.
- 2nd Offense – Athlete will be removed from the game and suspended for 1 game/meet. This will be the game following the date of the incident. The athlete must participate by working chains, setting up or breaking down stations during the game/meet they are suspended for. They are not permitted to not show up on game/meet day.
- 3rd Offense – Athlete will be suspended for the season. Parents are not eligible for a refund as explained in our registration documentation. All issued equipment must be returned within 1 day of suspension. All equipment that is not returned will become the responsibility of the parent/guardian and will be subject to the full amount of the equipment cost.
Practice and Game/Meet Schedule
Location: The practice location for each sport varies. Visit the specific team page for more information. Each coach will provide clarification on individual practice schedules.
Please be advised that Greensboro Eagles Elite participates in Playoffs, State Competition and National events.It is important to remember that travel is required. Please take that into consideration prior to registering for a Greensboro Eagles Elite Sports Program.